Tuesday, April 10, 2007

We have Photos!!

OK, so it's been kind of busy since last I blogged. And there was a bit of a disappointment in there. But I promised you all photos, so let's start with a couple of scarves.


This is the UNblocked scarf knit with SWTC's new Inspiration yarn. It was a dream to work with. And, even with this 16-row repeat lace pattern from Ann Norling, it practically knit itself (after the first couple of repeats, of course).
"Technical" Details: two (2) skeins Inspiration in color #395-Success, size 5 needles, cast on 39 stitches.



This is a one skein scarf of Kid Merino from Crystal Palace Yarns. The two-row repeat lace pattern is from One Skein Wonders: 101 Yarn Shop Favorites.
"Technical" Details: one (1) skein Kid Merino in color #4683-Canyon, size 8 needles, cast on 49 stitches.


Now for the disappointing news - my beautiful basket did not get juried into the Interior Artisans Exhibit. I am sad for the basket. I suspect that it just didn't fit with the other entries visually. But it is a fine basket and will be given a place of honor in the shop. This is HipHip -





See? Beautiful, functional, and with really cool handles.

A Granny-Along project update is forthcoming. In the meantime, does anyone out there use AOL? If so (because I don't), where's the address bar to type in a URL? I need to pass the info to someone so they can see my blog.

Thanks in advance!


3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hi Susan! I really enjoyed my visit to your store yesterday - I can't wait to begin spinning! I started last night after I got home, but decided I might need to figure out that whole drafting thing a little bit more and that maybe 11:00 at night wasn't the best time to figure it out. But I am on it this weekend! (I will squeeze some time in there somewhere!).

Sad that your basket didn't get juried - especially if it is because it didn't "fit in." That really limits the exploration of different arts. It looks great, though.

Oiyi said...

The basket is gorgeous!

Deby said...

Your basket is just stunning!